Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Snow's Gone


All good things come to an end.....the snow is gone and the wind and heavy grey sky have taken its place. The kids got their magic carpet pulled from under them and were sent back to school today. It was 3 days later than it should have been but 2 days earlier than the Minister for Education promised last Friday. Though we were all happy to get up and out this morning, I think, and the baby and I have certainly enjoyed getting back into the regular routine. Nap taken, house tidied, soup made. Done and dusted.

In other news, the French Embassy will issue our visas tomorrow and as Monsieur Oooo La La (will I ever get used to the accent) told me on the phone, "You can leave for France at any time." Well, how do you like that?! Could it really be true?

Jamie Oliver's Sweet Potato & Chorizo Soup a la me

2 carrots
2 celery stalks
1 onion
sweet potatoes, a few
horseshoe of chorizo
tblsp curry powder
chicken or vegetable stock, organic

Chop carrot, celery and onion. Cook til soft in olive oil over medium heat. Add chunky cut, peeled sweet potatoes and cook until all softish. Add curry powder and chorizo, also in chunks. Add stock to cover and leave to cook over low until you're ready to serve.
Puree in batches if necessary and serve with crusty buttery bread and a sprinkle of parsley and sour cream if you like.

I got this from my friend Ciara and all 5 of us can't get enough of it. I think it's in the Ministry of Food cookbook but not sure. Of course I've done what I usually do and semi-memorized, adjusted, and bastardized Jamie's soup.



Above photo taken at the New Year's Day annual sea swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment